How to Use a Monthly Car Insurance Calculator
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Aug 2, 2012
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
We are living in a tough economy, and most of us are really tightening our belts right now. We are constantly looking for ways to save money, and always on the hunt for the best deals on everything, including car insurance. One way to be able to get the best deals on insurance is to use a monthly car insurance calculator. This is something that has not always been around, but now that we have the Internet, we have this handy little tool that will help anyone get the best rates on their car insurance, no matter how much coverage they are looking for.
At one time, shopping for car insurance was a real pain in the “you-know-what”. Today, because we have all of the tools the Internet has to offer, including access to a monthly car insurance calculator, shopping for insurance is a lot easier. In addition to having this handy little tool, we also have access to all kinds of information on just about any subject imaginable, including car insurance, so we are not nearly as naive as we may have been about insurance even just a few years ago.
Where to Find Your Monthly Car Insurance Calculator
You can go online and find a number of websites that have a monthly car insurance calculator. These calculators will use the information you enter, and will calculate the costs. You can use this calculator to compare quotes from various insurance companies, and you will be able to save money on your monthly premiums. It only takes a few minutes to use this tool, and it is not difficult at all. This tool is available to help you save money, and decide exactly what you need for car insurance coverage.
What Coverage do You Need?
Many people really don’t understand how car insurance works, and therefore, they don’t have any idea of what they need for coverage. This is how the insurance companies like it, because they are often able to get customers to purchase insurance products they don’t really need. When you use a monthly car insurance calculator before getting your quotes, you will know exactly what you need, and no unscrupulous company will be able to take advantage of you. You may even find that you are paying too much now for coverage that you don’t need. If this is the case, you can talk to your insurer about getting rid of the products you don’t need to lower your rates, or get quotes from other insurers to see if you can get a better deal elsewhere.
Using an Online Monthly Car Insurance Calculator
It is really easy to use a monthly car insurance calculator and it doesn’t cost anything. With this tool you can find out what you need in the way of coverage, and get quotes from insurers to see which companies are offering the best deals. Here are three simple steps to using one of these calculators to find out what you need for auto insurance coverage:
- Fill out a short form – You will be required to enter a little bit of information about yourself, starting with your zip code. This information will be used to find out what the insurance requirements are in your state, which will be the starting point to figuring out how much coverage you need. It is also used to get quotes from insurance companies in your area. You will also be asked about the make and model of your vehicle and how often you drive.
- Wait for the results – Once you have filled out the form, you will be presented with all of the information you need to be able to choose the best insurance coverage for you. You will also have quotes from insurance companies. Once you have all of this information, you will be able to find the package that best suits your needs, and your budget.
- Learn about discounts – In addition to learning what you need and getting quotes, using a monthly car insurance calculator will let you know about other discounts that you may be eligible for, which you can inquire about when you are getting your quotes. When you use an insurance calculator, you could end up saving as much as 30% on your car insurance premiums.
If you are eligible for any insurance discounts that you are aware of, you can enter them when you are using the monthly car insurance calculator. Some of these discounts may include:
- Safe driver discounts
- Driver education discounts
- Membership discounts (AAA, AARP, etc.)
- Age discounts (for drivers who are older)
- Discounts for added safety features
A Newer Model Vehicle Can Save You Money
Another way you can save money on the cost of car insurance is to own a newer model vehicle. If you are in the market for a car or truck, try to get as new as you can afford. The newer vehicles come equipped with all of the latest safety and security features, and these are things that insurers look for. Having safety features such as anti-lock brakes and airbags can lower your premiums. If you want to have comprehensive insurance, which you should have for a newer model vehicle, you will save money if your vehicle has a security system. Most newer vehicles have anti-theft systems, which will help to lower the cost of your theft coverage.
Quotes Will Save You Money
When you are buying a car or any other big ticket item, do you buy the very first one you look at? Obviously, you don’t, and you shop around to see which companies are offering the best deals. You should be doing the same thing with your insurance. You can do this when you use the monthly car insurance calculator. The quotes you get will be from insurers in your area, and you can study them all to see which companies are going to offer everything you want, and which companies are offering the best rates.
Car Insurance Quotes and Calculations
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.