Car Insurance Estimates
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Nov 1, 2016
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Getting a car insurance estimate ensures you are getting the right price for the product that will deliver the best long-term protection for you. As a vehicle owner, it is legally your responsibility to have car insurance in place on that vehicle. Having the right amount of insurance also matters. No one likes to spend too much for insurance, though. In order to get the right insurance but to pay less for it, you need to know what your options are.
The following tips and steps will help you to not only get the best car insurance estimate possible, but also to help you to reduce your costs and to buy the right plan. Take the time to compare all of your options as it is the only way to save money overall.
Get Quotes Easily
To get a car insurance estimate, you do not have to go far. In fact, all you need to do is to simply enter your zip code in the box above. Within a matter of seconds, you will have the information you need to make a decision. This is a no-obligation solution to getting information so that you can make an educated decision about the insurance product you plan to buy. With this information, you can make the best decision possible.
Once you get some basic information about the car insurance options available, the next step is to compare policies. A car insurance estimator provides you with the information you need to make a decision but ultimately you need to decide which policy is the right fit for your needs. Here’s another estimator with a more visual explanation. The following steps will help you through that process.
Compare Coverage Amounts
The amount of coverage you purchase is dependent on various factors:
- The amount of coverage your state requires drivers to have in order to operate a vehicle
- The amount of coverage your financing company or leasing company requires you to have in order to protect its assets
- The amount of coverage you want to carry that protects you and your assets properly.
Look at the coverage options on the car insurance estimates you have offers for. Often, to get a lower price, you can choose a lower coverage limit. However, it is critical to understand the implications of doing so. If the value is lower, you have less protection for yourself and for your vehicle should there be a car accident. In other words, you could be more financially at risk this way.
Another element to look at on the car insurance estimates is the deductible. Once you purchase the insurance, the deductible is the amount of money you have to pay if you make a claim on the insurance. Once you meet the deductible limit, your insurance company will step in to pay the rest of the costs associated with covered services.
Having a high deductible means you will pay less for insurance overall, but you will need to have this amount of money on hand to get your vehicle up and running after an accident. A lower deductible means you have less money to pay out, but it will cost you a higher amount of money to purchase the insurance. Compare your options and determine what fits your budget.
You can often pay less than you think for car insurance. When you get a car insurance estimate, one of the things to pay attention for are the deductions, or the discounts that the company offers you just for the features and resources you have. The number of deductions you qualify for will differ from one person to the next, but with careful planning, you will be able to slash your car insurance costs by simply asking for these discounts.
- Ask for a discount if you have an anti theft device on your vehicle. These may include touch of a button and automatic systems that will get you a discount on your car insurance costs.
- If you live in a home where there are several vehicles, insure them all under the same plan. This may help you to qualify for a multiple car discount. Some insurance companies also provide discounts if you wrap the car insurance costs with other insurance, including home insurance. Pay them together and pay less.
- Have a good driving history? If you do not have a bad driving record, be sure to include this in the car insurance estimator information. The longer you remain moving ticket free, and without any points on your license, the lower your car insurance costs will be.
- Look for features on your car that could help you to save money. For example, having passive restraint in place can save you up to 30 percent from some companies. This includes motorized seatbelts and airbags. Anti lock brakes is another way to save like this.
- Purchase the right car. When you get a car insurance estimate, one of the factors that will matter is the type of vehicle you have. If you have a sports car, or another type of vehicle often used in speed situations or more likely to be involved in any type of accident, you will pay more for it in the long term.
Do not assume that the car insurance company will automatically give you a lower price for your car insurance needs. Ask for discounts and ask for opportunities to earn even more (some companies give you discounts for example, just for sticking around longer.)
The more information you have about car insurance, the better of a decision you can make. When it comes to getting a car insurance estimate, it is always a good idea to look at a few offers and then compare these features. The good news is that we make it simple for you to do just that. All you need to do is to provide some basic information, starting with just your zip code, to get a car insurance estimate that is right for your needs.